We all have something we can offer another creative. They need to ask clearly and invite us in….
On Saturday I hosted the second CGO Gathering which is for people who have taken a CGO Surgery and would like to meet and make new connections. We had writers, opera producers, commercial producers, cabaret artists, choreographers, photographers and festival programmers. The wonderful setting of Wilton’s Music Hall buzzed with conversation and I hope there were some good connections made.
At the start of the evening I invited colleagues to put up a call under the heading “What Do I Need ?” and then invited the rest of the gathering to see whether they could help. I kept some of the calls and here they are…just in case, dear reader, you can help. Email me identifying the colleague by their initial, and with any suggestions. I can then put you together.
1) Producer for my photographic exhibition (C.)
2) A space to show paintings in London – modern romanticism theme (J)
3) Need people to create a musical with me “Dance of the Dragon” (Z)
4) A great contact at the Brighton Fringe interested in helping their companies (G)
5) A venue to host my own Burletta / and performance opportunities (A)
6) A publisher or gallery interested in photography, jazz and illustrated aphorisms (R.)
7) Areas that would like my music theatre holiday schools for young people (JW)
8) Workshop collaborators for my ghost story play “Don’t Tell A Soul” (M)
9) Venues interested in dark challenging new plays (L)
10) I offer directing or performance coaching – eves and weekends (T)
11) I have a play based on Lotte Lenya and would welcome feedback and workshop (J2)
12) I’m a lyricist in need of songs and composers (A2)
13) I’m a choreographer and would love to work on some music videos or theatre (C2)
There was some matching of ideas. There was some feeding of contacts. Be delighted to hear from anyone who might like to help.
The next Gathering will be in May. The CGO Surgeries continue one or two a month in London, Manchester, York, Colchester, Halesworth/High Tide, Brighton (venue to be agreed) amd Edinburgh throughout the spring/summer. Get in touch if you need a slot to explore your creativity.
We all have something we can offer another creative. They need to ask clearly and invite us in. That’s what was happening on Saturday, and I’m enjoying reading some lovely emails from people who have gone off with a spring in their step, a new contact, and it has made a difference.