CGO was established by Chris Grady in 2007 as a focus for the continuation of 30 years of arts management roles both full-time, freelance, and one off consultancy. Chris is joined by a number of Associates and his co-director who each bring expertise within a diverse range of fields and cultures.
We provide arts marketing, development and project management services as well as mentoring, facilitation and consultancy for arts managers, producers and creatives. Alongside this we are being asked to make available these services for the wellness/alternative health sectors, and to the conference and commercial events sector. We look forward to these opportunities.
“Chris has a love of possibility and a love of connection – a natural maven and an alert listener, you’ll be given his complete attention and come away on fire and in focus. He understands that sharing knowledge makes us all richer.”
- Peta Lily, Theatremaker and Dark Clown Researcher, on CGO Surgeries
Contracts in 2013 include working for Anglia Ruskin University (MA Arts Management), Stage Entertainment BV (International product licensing), and Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts (Industry liaison and professional development). We offer monthly surgeries for individual creative artists and professionals, and consultancy as associates with Wonderbird
Based in the United Kingdom, the organisation works from the heart of Suffolk and Central London.
News and Updates – May 2013:
- New updated document on StoryMusic2020 available, and the first round-table discussion planned for June. We are planning an Open Space mid-July prior to networking at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Feel free to register your interest by email.
- May 13: An inspiring Open Space for the West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group and we are pleased to be in discussion with Health Services in East Suffolk and Berkshire for similar patient/professional engagement events. Wherever you are in the UK we are pleased to share Open Space with you.
- Delighted to welcome Drew Davies as a new expert Associate for CGO making us, currently, the Magnificent Seven
- Apr 13: Application re-submitted to Arts Council England to expand and develop the CGO Surgery programme 2013/14. Decision expected in June. In the meantime see dates for Surgeries in London, High Tide Festival and Edinburgh Festival.
- Proud to have been invited to join Colin Blumenau in the development of The Production Exchange a bespoke matching service between time, talent and treasure…producers, projects and investors.
- Mar 13: Short consultancy research contract completed for Japanese computer simulation company on the creation of non-verbal stage work for a global market.
- Mar 13: Invitation to assist with the fundraising and global brand development for a Kolomna Pastille Russian traditional food product and museum. Moscow visits in May and June to help develop strategy.
- Feb 13: New associate, Keum Roling, joins us to bring his Dutch and Korean arts management experience to support the development of CGO
- Early stage thinking for a 7 year global project #StoryMusic2020 – see StoryMusic2020 for more details.
- Many blogs on Whatsonstage for you to follow…here’s just one to link to : http://www.whatsonstage.com/blog/theatre/london/E8831345580067/Chris+Grady%3A+Next+time+someone+asks+your+advice….html. Offer some TLC to the next person who asks for help/advice.
- Delighted to welcome Kate Reed, an educator and filmmaker from New York City, as a new CGO Associate.
- The start of an exploratory reading list with a little on why each book has been chosen – expect the unexpected.
- The start of an exploratory selection of inspiring articles. Also have a look at the Chris Grady Whatsonstage blog for other random thoughts
- A growing list of recommendations – with thanks to so many of my past and current colleagues..