The course is 20 weeks. Teaching is concentrated in two days per week (Wed & Fr) for 12 of those weeks. A third day (Mon) will be pre-arranged as a collaborative work & tutorial day. This leaves students 4 days for study, preparation, earning a living, and producing work. The cohort will be a maximum of 12 Scottish, UK-wide and International Students. The first course will run from Mon 31st May to Fri 8th October 2021
- Each week will focus on 2 days in shared space. During that time there will be 3-4 hours a day of masterclasses, practical classes, knowledge sharing seminars and tutorials. We will work in English as a common language for the initial cohorts. We are working to enable a multilingual teaching platform to be available.
- It is expected that students manage their own time across the remaining 5 days of the week with one day as a fixed collaboration/tutorial day. These days to include any necessary paid work, their own research and reading, and collaboration with other students to develop group projects and presentations.
- As Writers and SPAs (self producing artists) we will encourage you to produce your own work and continue to build your career – rooting yourself more fully in the artform, community and cultural ecology you wish to work with in the future. Your tutor, mentor and all of us will support you in this development.
- Each module will have a short shared or solo assignment to demonstrate embedded learning and practical application of the tools shared with you. Completion of these to a satisfactory level will lead to the Diploma being awarded.
- Timings for class will be determined to maximise daytime access across the cohort. Presently 10am-12noon and 2-4pm GMT Wed & Fri (with Mon designated as a team managed collaboration day)
The First Cohort
On May 31st 2021 we will start a new course built from years of experience in different ‘on the ground’ training programmes. You will each come from very different backgrounds, and be based in very different physical spaces across the world. The most important task for the first few days will be to build a community which can trust, grow and share together. Each lecturer knows their subject through years of experience. Each of them has worked with core Faculty in classroom or masterclass settings and so the team know each other well. We will learn much in this first 20 weeks from you, and together we will work the best way to create the inspirational course that we all want. Thank you for considering applying to be part of the first cohort.
Return to Welcome Page